Dismiss Notice
What Is This?

It's a constantly growing, global map of 3,342,596 PokéStops and Gyms for Pokémon GO.

The data is from Outgress (an Ingress analytics system).

Quirky Alerts

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Old Crick, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Old Crick

Old Crick Guest

Currently I'm comparing alerts between a friend and myself. I have a premium membership.

He has an alert set up for any activity in the radius of a city, and I have an alert for any activity by an agent in the same city.

In GroupMe, he produced the alert of a hit by that said agent I had alert for, but my alert (in a different room) did not produce.

From what I can see I have the proper room created and attached to the agent. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2016
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

A couple things to double check just to get them out of the way (sorry that they are probably dumb questions, but need to check).

Is the attack that your friend got the alert for inside the radius of your perimeter alert for the agent?

Are you 100% sure it's the same agent (bar code agent names and capital "I" and lowercase "l" seem to be used a lot these days.

By default perimeter alerts are for an agent inside the perimeter, but there is a toggle to make it alerts *outside* that perimeter. Double check that toggle didn't get set for that perimeter.

Have you ever received an alert in that GroupMe channel? If you set an "any activity" perimeter alert with a max (10km) radius over some place where activity is insane (like Tokyo, Japan) and then route those alerts to that same GroupMe chat we could pretty quickly rule out if it's some sort of permission issue on that GroupMe chat channel.

3. Old Crick

Old Crick Guest

No problem.

Is the attack that your friend got the alert for inside the radius of your perimeter alert for the agent?
    Yes, we live in a big bustlin' city, similar to S.F. our radius covers the whole city.

Are you 100% sure it's the same agent (bar code agent names and capital "I" and lowercase "l" seem to be used a lot these days.
    Three agents, only one of them has a letter i in his name and it's lowercased.

By default perimeter alerts are for an agent inside the perimeter, but there is a toggle to make it alerts *outside* that perimeter. Double check that toggle didn't get set for that perimeter.
    Double checked that, and yes, inside.

Have you ever received an alert in that GroupMe channel? If you set an "any activity" perimeter alert with a max (10km) radius over some place where activity is insane (like Tokyo, Japan) and then route those alerts to that same GroupMe chat we could pretty quickly rule out if it's some sort of permission issue on that GroupMe chat channel.
    At the time of the post, no. However, during the evening, I got alerts from just one of the three, and all three were active. I created the GroupMe room, am the only person in it. The first alerts from the one of the three were from portals that I owned, but this morning I didn't own any portals that agent was attacking. The other agent I was monitoring along with my friend still hasn't showed in the alerts -- That agent plays literally 20 hours a day.

To refresh the current situation - I haven't touched outgress since the creation of this post. I have a groupme channel with alerts set up for three agents, only alerts for one agent is coming in currently while the other two are active.

Thank you.

4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

If you pull up the agent here on Outgress, do you see attack history for them on their profile that should have shown (in the perimeter)?

What agent name is it? I'll set up an alert myself so I can monitor what's going on better.

5. Old Crick

Old Crick Guest

Can I direct message you?